CYCLING IN THE COUNTRYSIDE OF BENTOTA
Are you interested in getting away from the busy city and exploring the beautiful countryside of Sri Lanka on an exciting cycling tour? In Sri Lanka, the cultures, customs, lifestyle and language are very different from province to province. Bentota is coastal town in Sri Lanka and cycling there is much more than just a paddling ride. Imagine you exploring Sri Lankan by cycling through beautiful paddy fields, Kande Viharaya Buddhist Temple, a fishing village and other scenic places during the tour. Total cycling distance would be 30 Km and approx. four to five hours.
Highlights of this tour
- Visit to an Ancient Temple
- Coconut plantation and toddy collection pint
- Rubber plantation, Cinnamon garden and paddy fields
- Rural attractions away from the busy city
- 7:30am- Meet you cycling guide at your hotel lobby in Bentota and start an existing cycling tour in the fishing village of Bentota. You will pass the Bentota Railway Station and ride through the village to visit Kande Viharaya Buddhist Temple. The temple is called “Kande Viharaya” because it is a temple or “Viharaya” situated on top of a hill or “Kanda” in Sinhala.
- After visiting the temple, you will continue your paddling excursion through the coconut plantation to Toddy collection point. If you are lucky, you will be able to see the Toddy collectors at work, tapping the palm sap. If you like, you can taste some fresh Toddy there.
- You will continue your journey through the rubber plantation to visit a rubber factory and then a cinnamon garden before reaching the Bawa junction where you are going to have your refreshments. After your refreshments, you will cycle through the village to Bentota and passing some wonderful scenery with paddy fields.
- You will reach your hotel after a memorable cycling tour in the countryside of Bentota.