ELEPHANT ORPHANAGE TOUR
The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage provides visitors with a chance to observe and even interact with elephants. You will be able to witness baby elephants playing and bathing in the river with the herd while you are enjoying your lunch at Restaurant. Later you will be able to feed a baby elephant with a bottle of milk before leaving the site with wonderful memories!
Highlights of this tour
- Elephant Bathing in River
- Feeding of baby elephants by bottle of milk
- Photo opportunity with elephants
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo, Colombo, or Mount Lavinia at 8:30 am and then proceed to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- 10:30am: Arrive at the Elephant Orphanage.
- 10:45am – 12:00pm: Enjoy the elephant bathing. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage was established in 1975 with seven orphaned elephants. Assisted by local and foreign elephant experts, they began a successful breeding program with the first baby elephant born in 1984. You can witness the entire herd take a bath in the river nearby.
- 12:00pm to 12:45pm: Have lunch at Restaurant.
- 13:00pm: Take a walk to the elephant park to see baby elephants being bottle fed.
- 13:15pm – 13:45pm: Witness the elephant feeding. You may also have a chance of feeding a baby elephant with a bottle of milk.
- On completion, we will be driving back to your hotel.