HIRIWADUNNA VILLAGE TOUR
This is a typical countryside experience with a jeep ride to the rural village of Hiriwadunna from your hotel in Sigiriya or Dambulla. The trek begins with a beautiful walk along to a man-made reservoir. You will also experience a boat ride, bullock cart ride, rural vegetable cultivation, paddy fields and enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan lunch at a Village house.
Highlights of this tour
- Hotel Pick up & drop off by a safari jeep
- Canoeing ride in the manmade tank
- Visit to a rural farm house and vegetable garden
- Bird watching opportunity
- Bullock cart ride
- Lunch at a Village house
- 9am- You will be picked up by a safari jeep from your hotel situated in Sigiriya or Dambulla and drive approximately 30 minutes to reach the trekking starting point. Safari jeep transfer gives you a very good chance to experience the natural breeze and take photos of the attractions alongside the road.
- 9:30am- Reach Trekking starting point and continue your trekking with a guide who knows all about this village. Trek through the archetypal Sri Lankan village. The trek begins with an awesome walk along a man-made reservoir. The reservoir itself, the surrounding scrub jungle, marshland and village are a hive of early morning or an evening activity. The amazing bird life, butterflies and possible sightings of crocodile only add to the charm of seeing the villagers as they go about their early morning tasks of fishing, or washing clothes at the periphery of the lake. You will continue your tour with a Boat ride and bullock cart ride up to a village house where you will enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan lunch.
- 12pm : 1pm– Enjoy Lunch at the Village House.
- 1:15pm- Drive back to your hotel.