HOT AIR BALLOON TOUR
A great way to experience the exhilaration of flight with a bird’s eye view of the area below, a silent ride through the sky, an excursion that has caught on fast with locals and tourist alike is hot air ballooning, drifting gently over the cultural triangle, or a wildlife park in a hot air balloon will be unforgettable, nothing beats a hot air balloon excursion across the central plains in our opinion.
Highlights of this tour
- Elephants roaming freely
- Water buffaloes standing in the paddy fields
- Monkeys swinging from the trees
- View of Sigiriya standing majestically
- The rising of the sun
- 05.45 : 06.00 am - Meeting Point Heritance Kandalama grounds or Hotel reception.
- 06.15 : 06.30 am - You will be boarding the balloon and the Chief Pilot will brief you on safety. Enjoy your one hour flight, floating serenely over stunning and breathtaking views of the countryside with only the occasional blasts of the burners to disturb the peace! Flying over the jungle you may see elephants roaming freely, water buffaloes standing in the paddy fields and monkeys swinging from the trees. View of Sigiriya standing majestically in the distance is very visible with the rising of the sun. Village kids beneath the balloon trying to keep up with the chase on foot or bicycles and you could also spot our Chase Crew as they follow us to the landing site.
- 8 am approx. - After an exhilarating flight over the jungle you will be welcomed on landing by friendly villagers who are happy to help pack away the balloon. After each flight, we commemorate the adventure with a Champagne Celebration. After, we will be driving back to your hotel by our crew.