KANDY & PINNAWALA TOUR
See baby elephants roaming around their cozy foster home, enjoying their lunch, or taking a bath at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Visit the Temple of Tooth Relic followed by Kandy museum and a leisurely walk by the Kandy Lake.
Highlights of this tour
- Elephant Bathing in River
- Feeding of baby elephants by bottle of milk
- Photo opportunity with elephants
- Temple of tooth relic in Kandy
- City tour with upper lake drive, market square, gem lapidary and more.
- 6:00am: You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo and then proceed to Kandy, en route to visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage provides visitors with a chance of seeing elephants up close. The orphanage was established in 1975 with seven orphaned elephants. Today some of these orphans enjoy the fortune of seeing their calfs born in the same location. Assisted by local and foreign elephant experts, Pinnawala commenced a successful captive breeding program and the first baby elephant was born in 1984. It is most interesting to visit at feeding time to see the baby elephants being bottle fed and the entire herd taken for a bath thereafter to the river nearby. You will reach Pinnawala at 9:00am to experience the elephant feeding at 9:15 am.
- On completion of this visit, we will be driving to Kandy for lunch at the Restaurant.
- After lunch, you will do the city tour of Kandy including a visit to the temple of the sacred Tooth Relic, upper lake drive, market square, gem lapidary and more.
- After this visit, you will proceed to your hotel.