NORTH & EAST EXPLORER
For almost 30 years the North of Sri Lanka was unexplored by the rest of the world. The tensions also lead to the picturesque East to be avoided. With the end of the civil war and the birth of peace in the country, The North & East opens its arms out to you. We take you to the unexplored North and East with a well-rounded tour of the must-see places.
Visit the remnants of one of Sri Lanka’s ancient kingdoms before touring the North and East of the country while enjoying the costal highlights our little island of wonder has to offer. Visit little coastal towns, religious points of interest and even go on a wild life safari. Spend your evenings on the soft sandy beaches with a cool drink in your hands and get lost amidst the sound of waves.
Highlights of this tour
- Jaffna Library & Nallur Temple
- Keeri Malai Kovil & Freshwater Pond
- Pigeon Island
- Trincomalee War Cemetery
- Minneriya National Park
COLOMBO / ANURADHAPURA
- Upon arrival at the airport or pre-requested location in Colombo you will meet our Chauffeur/Guide. Thereafter you will travel directly to the ancient city of Anuradhapura. You may either spend the day relaxing by the pool or visit the Anuradhapura town.
ANURADHAPURA / JAFFNA
- After an early breakfast at the hotel leave for the town of Jaffna. After a 5 hours journey arrive in Jaffna for lunch and to explore the lost town. Visit the now restored Jaffna Library, the iconic Nallur Temple.
- Set off to the island of Nagadeepa which houses a temple and kovil. A 15 minutes boat ride from the coast is the only possible access to the island. After returning have lunch and continue onto the Keeri Malai Kovil & Freshwater Pond.
- Trincomalee houses one of the largest natural harbors in the world. Recently it had been a base for the Sri Lankan Army and Navy but now it remains an amazing multicultural town with roots dating back to Marco Polo. Spend the evening at the pool and tuck in early for a tour of the town is eminent the next day.
- You have the option of an excursion to Pigeon Island. Named after the Rock Pigeon that colonized it the island, it has some of the best coral sites in Sri Lanka. Thereafter, visit Trincomalee War Cemetery one of the six commonwealth war cemeteries in Sri Lanka.
- After breakfast, head out to Pasikudah. Pasikudah is a popular tourist destination boasting one of the longest stretches of shallow coastline in the world. Walk kilometers into the ocean with it only reaching your knees, a truly amazing experience.
- Since the day has been spent enjoying the sights of the town, sit back and relax with a cocktail on the undisturbed, quiet beach.
- Visit the town of Habarana and take in the ancient culture of Buddhism at the cultural triangle of Sri Lanka. If time permits you may embark on a safari at Minneriya National Park to sight some lovely elephants before retiring for the evening.
- After breakfast, you will be dropped off at the pre-requested location in Colombo after seeing what many haven’t in the North and East.