WHITE WATER RAFTING
For those love action packed rafting adventure in Sri Lanka why not try an exciting rafting ride starting from Kithulgala along the Kelani River. The Kithulgala & Kelani River is popular as for 1957 blockbuster movie “Bridge on the River Kwai” in which the bridge was blown when the train was crossing the river was filmed in Kithulgala. This place is worthwhile for visiting and photographing as you pass the rapids of Kelani River.
Highlights of this tour
- Experience the rapids of 2 and 3.
- Experience the thrills of Virgin’s Breast, Killer Falls, Butter Crunch and Head Chopper.
- Witness the bridge in the river kwai
- 10:00am- Arrive at the hotel and meet your rafting guide. Then change your clothes and get ready with gear, helmets and life jackets.
- 10:30am- Proceed to the rafting starting point.
- 10:45am- A comprehensive briefing about the river and the track will be given by our white-water rafting instructor beforehand along with the Safety Instructions.
- 11:00am- Start the rafting session. White water rafting in Kelani river dose not requires higher degree of rafting skills or swimming experience, even for the people who are experimenting it for the first time, families and small groups can go for a thrilling ride down the Kelani River. This is because the rapids of Kelani River are graded as 2 and 3. Some of the rapids of the Kelani River are named with unique names such as Virgin’s Breast, Killer Falls, Butter Crunch and Head Chopper.
- 12:30pm- Arrive at the hotel and change your cloths.
- 13:00pm- 14:00 pm- Enjoy lunch at hotel.
- 14:15pm- Collect all your valuables and leave to your next destination.